Thursday, November 10, 2011

Bye-Bye Kidney Stones

Short update today. I just wanted to let everyone know that Matthew had an ultra sound yesterday (more than 6 weeks after the discovery of his kidney stone) and it came up clear. Apparently Matthew got rid of it quietly and on his own. I'm sure he would have mentioned it if there was pain, so I'm very relieved to know it's over with. When we went into the outpatient clinic yesterday, I really thought they were going to tell us he needed surgery to get it out.

Way to kick cancer's butt, one little bit at a time, Matthew!

Also, I thought I'd share this interesting development. Matthew is beginning to participate in the battle against cancer, in his own little 4 year old way. First off, we told him he needed to drink lots of water to get the kidney stone out (he calls it a rock). But he mixed up the "rock" with cancer. I'm not sure he understands the difference between the two. Or maybe his intuition, like mine, tells him that they are related. Anyway, whenever he drinks water, he now tells us that he's getting the cancer out of him. Smart little stinker!

Also, he draws pictures almost every day of cancer, and something or another is always beating it. Today's picture was a machine that is pushing out of little holes that will get it out. My favorite, though, was the first one he ever did. It was a "stinky breath getting the cancer out."

I thought I'd share that adorable, yet sad, little piece of his imagination.



Also, I thought I'd share these links. This event looks like it was amazing, and I found it super uplifting this morning. My friend's cousins banded together and shaved their heads in honor of her 4 year old son, who has Leukemia.

This is the mom's blog, and this is one of the cousins' blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment