Saturday, September 24, 2011

Fundraiser

Well, today is the big day! I'm really excited for our fundraiser today. I think seeing the generosity of strangers has been as important to me as the actual proceeds will be. I was so down and depressed, and despite my fight against it, I was struggling to rise above it. Then I started running errands to help prepare, and gathering up the items that have been donated for sale. As I heard some of the stories of the people who donated, and saw how many strangers did such thoughtful and generous things, I was uplifted. I believe I have found the way out of my depression.

For anyone who donated something, even the smallest items, who is reading this now. Thank you. I can never express what your generosity has already done for me, regardless of what sells.

Christ said, "If ye have done it unto the least of them, my brethren, ye have done it unto me." Please know that you will be blessed in some way for what my family and I could never find a way to repay, or even properly thank you for. I believe that with all of my heart.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the turnout today! It's like this amazing gathering of friends and family, and friends of friends, and so on.

It sounds stupid, but last night, Allison came home with a feather in her hair, and for some reason that completed it for me. It really is going to be a fun time for the family. There will be a $3 hot dog lunch for the first 500 people, face painting, a boutique sale (and the crafts that were donated are SO CUTE!!!), a silent auction, feathers for your hair (YAY!), and of course the car show.

Hope to see you all there!!

PCA Parking Lot

4654 West 1525 South

Today!

11:00 am – 3:00 pm

1 comment:

  1. That's funny, that was the exact scripture I discussed with my children on the way to the fundraiser. It was great to see so many people working together for a good cause.

    ReplyDelete